We have an amazing team of volunteers, mentors, business's and staff ready to address this ongoing problem
Launched in 2015, Dorothy's House was created to address an ongoing problem that teens that age out of foster care and orphanages with little to no resources face. We are a 501c3 non-profit.
The mission of Dorothy's House is to provide critical resources to teens that will age out of foster care and orphanages with little resources. Our goal is to provide services at a Local, National and International level.
"I have seen first hand how foster care and other similar programs can impact lives positively and negatively"
"At 16 years old I didn't realize how big my voice could be. When I founded Dorothy's House I realized that my voice can reach around the world"
"I cannot wait to see the day when teen homelessness and sex trafficking of teens have been eradicated. It starts with one but can impact many"
Mentor Screening Policy
It is the policy of the Dorothy’s House mentoring program that each mentor applicant completes a screening procedure. All staff members are trained and required to carefully follow the screening procedures. At minimum, the following screening procedures are required for mentor applicants. Program staff ensure that each applicant completes these established minimum screening procedures:
Mentor screening procedures
• The mentor must attend an initial orientation session.
• The mentor must complete a written application.
• The mentoring coordinator makes the following background checks: national or state criminal history, child abuse registry, and sex off ender registry. Checks must be performed in all states the mentor resided in as an adult.
• The mentoring coordinator should check the mentor’s driving record and get a copy of his or her current auto insurance coverage.
• The mentor must provide three personal references and employment information.
• The mentor must complete a personal interview.
• The mentor must fully participate in all pre-match training.
The decision to accept an applicant into the mentoring program will be based on a final assessment done by program staff at the completion of the mentor screening procedures. The mentoring program coordinator has final approval for an applicant’s acceptance into the program.
All Dorothy’s House mentors are expected to meet all eligibility criteria.
Join our mailing list to hear from us about events, how you can help, or simply to know more about what we do.
We love hearing from you, please consider registering as a mentor or sponsor for our program. Contact us for more information on how you can help.
3375 Centerville HWY #392605 Snellville, GA 30039
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Emergency Line:24hrs 404-465-3366
Copyright © 2017 Dorothy's House Inc - All Rights Reserved.
It starts with 1 but can impact many